TAMPA (WTSP) -- Tampa Fire Rescue has removed all 16 riders who were trapped on Busch Gardens' Cheetah Hunt, after the roller coaster broke down on Wednesday afternoon.
Authorities used a bucket truck to take the riders off the coaster one-by-one. By 5:50 p.m., all passengers were safely off the roller coaster. No one was injured.
There is no word on what caused the roller coaster to stop, but heavy rain is currently falling in the area.
Towering 102 feet above the front of the theme park, Cheetah Hunt is designed to launch riders to 60 miles an hour in just seconds, using a trio of magnetic launchers. The speed sends riders hurtling along a winding, tight track that is inspired by the world's fastest land animal, the cheetah.
OTHER STORIES YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN
* Sinkhole swallows 8 classic cars at National Corvette Museum
* UGA coach Mark Richt enjoys curling on campus
* Henry Co. dog stabbed in the face, survives
* Developer takes down popular 'Flappy Bird' app
* 11Alive's Bill Liss: The 5th Beatle?