NEW YORK (AP) -- Tests have confirmed there was heroin in at least some of the scores of plastic packets in the New York City apartment where Philip Seymour Hoffman was found dead.
That's according to a law enforcement official. Authorities are working to determine whether the drug was mixed or tainted with anything else.
Medical examiners have not yet made an official determination of the cause of the 46-year-old actor's death, but police have been investigating it as a suspected overdose. Officials say Hoffman was found in a bathroom with a syringe in his arm.