COBB COUNTY, Ga. -- Now that Christmas is over, many metro Atlanta residents may be wondering what to do with their trees.
Keep Cobb Beautiful is sponsoring a free Christmas tree recycling event.
Trees will be chipped and then used as mulch, fuel or wildlife habitats. Free mulch will be available to residents after Jan. 4.
Christmas tree will be accepted at several locations throughout the county daily through Jan. 4.
* Fullers Park (3499 Robinson Road, Marietta)
* Harrison Park (2650 Shallowford Road, Marietta)
* Lost Mountain Park (4845 Dallas Highway, Powder Springs)
* Noonday Creek Park (489 Hawkins Store Road, Kennesaw)
* Sewell Park (2085 Lower Roswell Road, Marietta)
Select Home Depot stores will also accept trees on Jan. 4:
* 3355 Cobb Parkway, Acworth
* 2450 Cumberland Parkway SE, Atlanta
* 1200 East-West Connector, Austell
* 449 Roberts Court NW, Kennesaw
* 1655 Shiloh Road, Kennesaw
* 2350 Dallas Highway, Marietta
* 4101 Roswell Road NE, Marietta
* 3605 Sandy Plains Road, Marietta
* 1062 Richard Sailors Parkway, Powder Springs
For more information about the Christmas tree drop-off, call 770-528-1135 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.