ATLANTA -- A Christmas bandit or bandits nearly ruined an Atlanta newlywed couple's first Christmas together. The thieves broke into the couple's East Atlanta home and stole all their Christmas presents.
"I don't understand how someone could have the mentality where they break into someone's house in the middle of the day on Christmas eve," homeowner Katherine Blair said.
Katherine says she returned home from her shift at a local hospital where she works as a nurse to discover that someone had kicked in her front door.
Katherine says the thieves stole her TV, her laptop and all the Christmas presents she wrapped the day before.
Katherine says she and her husband were married in May. Most of what the thieves stole, Katherine said, was framed photographs from the couple's wedding that they planned to give as Christmas gifts.
Katherine says she believes the thieves likely mistook the gifts for high-end electronics.
More Christmas Stories:
- Young people spend five days homeless
- Atlanta Walmart employees save co-worker's Christmas
- Retailers to roll out huge after-Christmas deals
- Christmas spirit: Cab driver finds, returns $300K
- Pope Francis' Christmas wish: A better world