SweetWater's 2013 edition of its Festive Ale rolling off the production line (SweetWater)
ATLANTA -- SweetWater's annual holiday brew has been named to BeerInfo's list of the top ten Christmas beers in the nation for this year.
SweetWater Festive Ale is a flavorful holiday beer, spiced with cinnamon and mace to get the holiday spirit in high gear.
BeerInfo describes it as a "strong ale brewed with generous amounts of rich malt, coupled with a taint of cinnamon and mace to keep you warm and toasted all winter long."
The limited-run brew is on sale in 6-packs at local stores, and will around through the remainder of the holiday season.
BeerInfo's annual list looks at craft and microbrews from across the nation. A number of the beers they have included in their list are available at retailers across Metro Atlanta.
The entire list:
- Silent Night (Mother Earth Brewing, Kingston, NC)
- Great Lakes Christmas Ale (Great Lakes Brewing, Cleveland)
- Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale (Sierra Nevada Brewing, Chico, CA)
- SweetWater Festive Ale (Sweetwater Brewing, Atlanta)
- Alpha Klaus (Three Floyds Brewing, Munster, IN)
- 6th Day Brown Ale (Goose Island Beer Company, Chicago)
- Tröegs Mad Elf Ale (Tröegs Brewing, Hershey, PA)
- Santa's Private Reserve (Rogue Ales, Newport, OR)
- Fireside Chat Winter Spiced Ale (21st Amendment Brewery, San Francisco)
- Anderson Valley Winter Solstice (Anderson Valley Brewing,
OTHER STORIES YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN
* 9 beers many Americans no longer drink
* 2013 White House Holiday Card shows off first dogs
* Old Fourth to crowdfund Atlanta distillery
* PHOTOS | Sweetwater's Brew Your Cask Off 2013