ATLANTA -- Members of a family had to jump from their southeast Atlanta apartment to escape a fire Wednesday morning.
The fire broke out at the Forest Cove Apartments on New Town Circle off McDonough Boulevard.
The family members were forced to jump and to throw a baby from the window when they realized they had no other way to escape the blaze, according to witnesses.
"The first thing they did was make the baby jump out the window, and once the baby jumped, they followed behind her and jumped also," neighbor Karen Wright said.
Wright added that someone on the ground caught the baby.
No serious injuries were reported, but at least one member of the family suffered cuts while trying to get through the broken window.
A firefighter on the scene said investigators believe an electrical problem sparked the fire.
Other Hero Stories:
- Guide dog killed while performing heroic act
- Worldwide support for paralyzed hero
- Georgia school shooting: Antoinette Tuff hailed as hero
- Man falls onto MARTA tracks, passengers rush to help
- Moments that will make you smile, laugh, cry