(WXIA) -- There's quite a bit happening here in Atlanta, and other parts of the world too. Be in the know of local and national news for Thursday, August 29.
1. Military, Obama to discuss next move in Syria strike
President Obama will meet with officials on Thursday to discuss the next move for Syria.
2. Fast food workers on strike for better pay
Fast food workers across the nation are expected to strike Thursday, asking for a raise in wages.
3. Deadly Gwinnett car, tractor trailer wreck
Two people were killed when a car collided with a tractor trailer in Gwinnett County Wednesday night.
4. Six Flags announces new water park
Park president Dale Kaetzel said plans are underway to build Hurricane Harbor, a full-size water park, on the site of the old Southern Star Amphitheatre.
5. Mother, son escape house fire
It was a close call, but the mother and son made it out unharmed.
6. King family in accident after March on Washington Anniversary
Family members of the late Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. got a little banged up during an incident on their charter bus.
7. Woman hit by car on Moreland Avenue
A pedestrian was hit by a car in southeast Atlanta Thursday morning.
8. Ex-Garmin worker charged with $1 million in GPS thefts
A former employee of Garmin International has been charged with stealing more than $1 million worth of GPS devices from the Kansas-based company.
9. Craig Kimbrel throws pitches for cancer cure
The next time you watch a Braves game and Kimbrel comes out to save the win, you'll have extra reason to cheer.
10. Officer injured in DeKalb hit-and-run
An officer was injured in a hit-and-run collision late Wednesday night in DeKalb County.
11. Thursday's things to do
No matter where your interest lies, our event calendar is your source for entertainment.