LIVE VIDEO: Morning News    Watch
 

HVAC unit sets off fire alarm at Gwinnett school

8:33 AM, Aug 20, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

LAWRENCEVILLE, Ga. -- A fire alarm that went off at a Gwinnett County elementary school Tuesday morning was caused by a short in an HVAC unit.

The unit was on the roof of McKendree Elementary School in Lawrenceville. It shorted out and sent light smoke into a hallway at around 6:30 a.m., according to Gwinnett County Fire Capt. Tommy Rutledge.

No one was injured and no major damage was reported. Rutledge said a few ceiling tiles became wet with condensation from the HVAC unit and fell to the floor.

The fire department turned the investigation over to school personnel.

Most Watched Videos