Atlanta woman dies after single fire ant bite

9:39 PM, Jul 22, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +
Jenny Pomeroy (Courtesy of Molly Baker)

ATLANTA -- A Buckhead woman died after suffering a severe allergic reaction from a fire ant bite she got at her condo swimming pool. 

The incident happened on July 15. 

The woman, president and CEO of Prevent Blindness Georgia Jenny Pomeroy, died after a single fire ant bite despite having an Epi-Pen on hand, at the time of the incident. 

Pomeroy had presided over Prevent Blindness Georgia since 1996. 

In a release, Scott Pastor, MD, and Amy Hutchinson, MD, Co-Chairs of the board of Prevent Blindness Georgia "Our thoughts and prayers are with Jenny's family. This is a tremendous loss to the vision community and Jenny will forever be remembered as an innovative thinker and a selfless, dedicated leader in Atlanta and across the state of Georgia. We will miss her deeply.

Pomeroy's funeral services are scheduled for July 31 at 11 a.m. at First Presbyterian Church of Atlanta located at 1328 Peachtree Street in Atlanta. 

Most Watched Videos