LIVE VIDEO: Atlanta and Company    Watch

Accidental house fire kills 80-year-old woman

4:17 PM, Jul 18, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

GRAY, Ga. -- Fire investigators have ruled an early morning fatal house fire in Jones County, accidental, according to the Office of Commissioner Ralph Hudgens.

80-year-old Sarah Clements died in a fire that broke out at her home located at 140 E. Highway 22 in Gray, Georgia. Her house was destroyed as a result. 

An investigation revealed that the fire originated in the kitchen of the home and was a result of unattended cooking. The home did not contain a working fire alarm. 

Clements death bring the Georgia fire death total to 76 people for the year. 

Most Watched Videos