GRAY, Ga. -- Fire investigators have ruled an early morning fatal house fire in Jones County, accidental, according to the Office of Commissioner Ralph Hudgens.
80-year-old Sarah Clements died in a fire that broke out at her home located at 140 E. Highway 22 in Gray, Georgia. Her house was destroyed as a result.
An investigation revealed that the fire originated in the kitchen of the home and was a result of unattended cooking. The home did not contain a working fire alarm.
Clements death bring the Georgia fire death total to 76 people for the year.