ATLANTA -- Top local and national stories that will make news through the day on Monday, July 8. It's everything you need to know to start your day informed in Metro Atlanta.
1. Cleveland kidnapping survivors give thanks on You Tube
Three women held captive in a Cleveland home for a decade are thanking the public for their support in a YouTube video.
2. East Point fire kills 34-year-old man
Neighbors on Gillem Road in East Point say the "great guy" that died overnight Tuesday was taking care of his elderly mother.
3. Atlanta film office opening soon
For the first time, the City of Atlanta is about to set up its own film office, to try to attract even more filmmakers to the city, and also to protect Atlantans from the disruptions the production companies cause.
4. DeKalb areas want to form cities
Monday night, on two different sides of DeKalb County, two groups came together to discuss similar goals: forming a new city.
5. Fairburn house fire may have been caused by PCP lab
It started out as a house fire investigation, but neighbors had their suspicions early that something wasn't normal about this house fire.
6. Dealing with crime in East Atlanta Village
Burglaries, car thefts, armed robberies, shootings and a slew of other recent crimes have residents in East Atlanta on edge.
7. Follow up information on the East Point officer found dead
Fulton County Police have yet to say how an East Point Police officer died, or who may be responsible.
8. West Nile Virus re-emerges in Georgia
Aside from flooding issues, the rain is also creating the perfect conditions for mosquitoes.
9. Police to patrol Atlanta schools
This coming school year every middle school and high school in Atlanta, will have an Atlanta Police Department officer patrolling its campus.
10. Barnes & Noble CEO resigns
Barnes & Noble Inc. says William Lynch is resigning as chief executive after three years on the job.
11. Your weather forecast from Chesley
Today: Partly Cloudy skies. Showers and thunderstorms. High: 88