SUWANEE, Ga. -- Gwinnett County Fire is investigating an apparent gas explosion that left a man with severe burns.
According to Fire Lieutenant Colin S. Rhoden, a man was near Suwanee Dam Road at Austin Garner when a propane tank exploded, burning him on most of his body. The explosion also caused a small fire in a wooded area that was quickly put out by firefighters.
The victim was taken to Gwinnett Medical Center with severe 2nd degree burns on his entire body. His name was not released.
An arson investigation is ongoing in the case.