ATLANTA -- A mother and father and their 19-year-old daughter managed to escape their burning south Fulton County home Thursday morning.
The fire was first reported at around 12:30 a.m. at a house on Wolf Club Lane.
Fulton County Fire Chief Scot Slay said the fire was contained to one bedroom and the overhead attic. Investigators believe a space heater is to blame.
The teenage girl suffered minor burns to her feet and was treated at the scene, Slay said. No one else was injured.
Slay said the family was awakened and essentially saved by a smoke detector; they had recently changed the detector's batteries.