Chinese firm says US rejection deters investment

2:32 AM, Oct 18, 2012   |    comments
file photo
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

BEIJING (AP) -- The Chinese company suing the U.S. government and President Barack Obama for blocking its planned wind farm projects has warned that the case will likely deter Chinese investment into the United States.

Last month, Obama stepped in to block Ralls Corporation's plan to build four wind farms in Oregon near a U.S. Navy base. He acted after the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States concluded it posed security risks.

Company bosses denied that the project posed security risks and said the U.S. was discriminating against the company because it was Chinese. They filed a lawsuit with the U.S. District Court in Washington.

Ralls Corp. CEO Wu Jialiang told a news conference Thursday that his company would "never do anything that threatens U.S. national security."

Associated Press

Most Watched Videos