Heating unit catches fire at Kendrick Middle school in Jonesboro

11:32 AM, Mar 6, 2014   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

JONESBORO, Ga. -- Students at Kendrick Middle School in Jonesboro were evacuated Thursday morning after a heating/air conditioning unit caught fire.

Clayton County Schools spokesperson Vicky Gavallas says the rooftop unit caught fire around 9:45 a.m.

The school was evacuated and no one was hurt.

The fire department put out the fire and kids returned to their rooms.

There was smoke in the school in the area of the chorus room, and that room and hallway will remain closed.

Most Watched Videos