LAWRENCEVILLE, Ga. -- Georgia Gwinnett College is ranked No. 19 on a new list of 50 U.S. colleges that have had the most on-campus drug arrests per 1,000 students.
The new list released by Rehabs.com used federal crime statistics reported by more than 7,000 colleges and universities across the country.
GGC Director of Public Safety Terrance Schneider didn't deny the numbers used in the study: his police department charted 58 drug arrests in 2011. Schneider said he finds fault in that the study looks at 2011, the first year GGC had numerous resident dorms open on campus.
No other Georgia schools are on the Top 50 list. The top 10 schools include:
1. SUNY Oneonta
2. University of Colorado Boulder
3. SUNY Oswego
4. Western Illinois University
5. University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
6. Frostburg State University
7. Coastal Carolina University
8. University of Oregon
9. West Virginia University
10. University of Louisiana at Monroe
* Atlanta ranked 4th on list of most literate cities
* Movie theater ads target drugs, underage drinking
(Atlanta Business Chronicle)