Help Desk Resource Page: Contacts for Fallen Trees

6:15 PM, Mar 25, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

Below is a list of places for county residents to call If a fallen tree is spotted in a public area:

Cherokee County Roads and Bridges Division
(770) 345-5842

Clayton County Transportation and Development

Cobb County Department of Transportation

Dekalb County Roads and Drainage

Douglas Department of Transportation Maintenance Division
Residents are encouraged to call 911 after hours.

Forsyth Roads and Bridges Division

Fulton County Public Works for S. Fulton Unincorporated
Other cities in Fulton County would contact their city directly.

Gwinnett County Department of Transportation
Residents are encouraged to call 911 after hours.

Henry County Department of Transportation

Rockdale County Department of Transportation Roadway and Maintenance

Additional Resources and Tips for Fallen Trees and Homeowners:

Office of Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner
Homeowners policy provides limited coverage for tree damage.

The insurer will pay a maximum of $500.00 to remove fallen trees caused by wind (only if the tree damages covered property).

If the tree does no damage to covered property, there is no coverage.

You are responsible for paying for damage when the fallen tree shows signs that the tree was dead or had a disease and has fallen unto your neighbor's property. 

If the tree shows no signs of death or disease, then the neighbor is responsible for covering the expense for the damages (rural landowners have their own set of rules and laws).

Save evidence or photographs to convey that the tree was alive and during the time the tree fell on your neighbor's home.

Most Watched Videos