Grilled Shrimp and Asparagus Avgolemono - Caroline Brody
1/2 pound asparagus, ends trimmed
1/2 pound medium, uncooked shrimp, shelled, tails off
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
3 cups chicken or seafood stock
2 lemons, juiced
3 Egglands Best eggs
2 tablespoons fresh dill
Brush asparagus and shrimp lightly with olive oil. Season with salt and paprika.
Bring stock to simmer in a stockpot. Add lemon juice. Remove from heat.
Whisk eggs lightly in a large bowl. Add 1/4-cup warm stock slowly into the eggs, while whisking. Slowly add the egg blend into the stockpot until smooth.
Return pot to low heat. Keep the sauce warm but do not simmer.
Grill asparagus and shrimp on a clean lightly oiled grill, grill pan or skillet until shrimp are pink and asparagus is al dente. Cut asparagus into 1 inch segments and add to the soup pot.
Serve each soup bowl or shot glass (this makes a great appetizer presentation) filled with lemon egg soup and topped with shrimp and sprinkled with dill.
Chocolate hazelnut espresso cookies
10 ounce of dark chocolate
2 Egg Land's Best eggs
½ cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
¼ cup all purpose flour
¼ teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons espresso powder
1/8th teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons unsalted butter.
1 ½ cups of hazelnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Whisk eggs, sugar and vanilla in a small bowl. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, espresso powder and salt together. Stirring frequently, melt butter with chocolate. Whisk in the egg mixture. Stir in the flour and nuts. Scoop rounded tablespoons of batter on baking sheet.
Bake until the surface of the cookie looks dry and the centers are still gooey, around 11-13 minutes. Take out of the oven and let cool. If you don???t eat them all in one sitting, store the leftover cookies in a tightly sealed container. Enjoy!!
Peach-Blueberry Egg Bread Bake With Yogurt & Almond Maple Drizzle
5 cups egg bread (challah, paska, brioche), chopped into 1 inch pieces
2 peaches, skin removed and cut into small slices
3/4 cup blueberries
3 EGGLAND"S BEST eggs, large
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons granulated sugar for top
2 cups milk
4 ounces butter, unsalted, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup greek vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup toasted sliced almond
pure maple syrup, warmed, to taste
1. Spray a deep pie baking dish or individual 3 inch baking mini pans with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Place half of the cubed egg bread in the baking dish.
3. Add the peaches and the blueberries over the egg bread.
4. Cover with the remaining bread cubes.
5. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, then add the maple syrup and brown sugar gradually until well blended.
6. Add in the milk, butter, then add in the vanilla and the cinnamon, and whisk until well blended.
7. Pour the liquid ingredients over the bread cubes, making sure all bread is covered well.
8. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about an hour.
9. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, remove the plastic wrap, sprinkle the remaining sugar over the dish, and bake for about an hour until the bake has puffed up and becomes lightly brown.
10. Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes.
11. Serve with a generous dollop of greek yogurt, sprinkle with toasted sliced almonds, and drizzle with warmed pure maple syrup. Enjoy warm.